An Extra Layer of Security is Coming to Business Online Banking
on July 10, 2013
As part of our continued efforts to protect your business’ information we are excited to offer you Trusteer Rapport, our online security solution. And, it’s free of charge.
Beginning July 10, 2013 when logging into Business Online Banking, you will be asked to download Trusteer Rapport through the following pop-up message:
What is Trusteer Rapport?
Trusteer Rapport is a lightweight security software that protects your online banking session by blocking malicious attempts to access or steal sensitive information, login credentials, or money from your account. It also works alongside your existing firewall and antivirus software solutions to provide added protection. Once installed, Trusteer Rapport:
- Keeps your computer’s connection with our website safe so criminals can’t gain access to your computer while visiting our site. It can also be used to protect other sites where you provide your personal information such as online shopping sites.
- Locks down the browser to prevent malicious browser tampering designed to fool victims into providing personal information or approving fraudulent transactions.
- Disables key logging and screen capturing attempts of sensitive online banking pages such as the login screen and transfer pages.
- Removes existing malware from end-user machines and prevents future infections.
- Prevents credential and payment card data theft by blocking access to suspected phishing online banking sites.
- Does not interfere with your computers normal processes – it runs quietly in the background.
- Alerts you when you visit a fake website that looks like Columbia Bank’s website or any other website you choose to protect.
Why Should I Download Trusteer Rapport?
Columbia Bank takes various measures to protect your information. However, the computer you use to bank with may not be secure, even if you have anti-virus software installed. It takes days or even weeks for anti-virus vendors to identify and remove new variants of financial malware. Until they manage to do so, the malware is still undetected on your computer. Cyber criminals can attack your bank account minutes after you get infected with financial malware and way before this malware is detected and removed by your anti-virus.
Trusteer Rapport works alongside your current security software to provide comprehensive protection when you bank online. Rapport also communicates with Columbia’s security systems. This allows us to better use our security systems to protect your online account and block malicious attempts to steal money from your account.
Download Trusteer Rapport Today!
Once you download Trusteer Rapport to your computer, you will not receive the pop-up message again. Trusteer Rapport should be downloaded to each computer you use to access secure websites to help protect you from malware.
Rapport is very easy to download and use and it only takes a few minutes to install. After installation there is no need to restart your computer.
Who can I contact with questions?
Please contact our Commercial Care Center at 1-877-305-7125.
Trusteer Rapport is offered by Trusteer; you may contact Trusteer with questions about Rapport directly by visiting Trusteer support.