Prerequisites to Success
You don’t need a finance degree to succeed. We’re interested in people who are eager to learn and grow, are committed to service, have a great attitude and are inspired to make a difference every step of the way. We focus on cultivating and sustaining a diverse work environment and workforce because it is critical to meeting the unique needs of our ever-changing and diverse client base and the communities in which we operate.
Our employees are our greatest assets. Only with their dedication and determination can we serve our customers, generate long-term relationships with our stakeholders and contribute to the public good. We invest in our employees’ careers with a concentration on the long term. By maximizing our employees’ potential, we increase effectiveness, reinforce a positive culture, increase access to professional opportunities and support their contribution to positively engage with our communities.
Top 10 Banking Myths
The banking industry is always evolving so it can be tough to sort through what’s true and what is myth. Click through numbers one to ten below and uncover the truth behind the top ten myths about banking. At the end, you’ll have a clearer idea as to what banking involves today.
1. Banking isn’t innovative: At Columbia Bank, our employees have a multitude of opportunities to advance their scope of work, such as developing new loan programs or increasing efficiency to better serve our customers.
2. I don’t have the right degree to work in banking: You don’t need a finance degree to be a great banker. Most Columbia Bankers have degrees in diverse fields that provide them a breadth of unique knowledge they can use in their day to day work.
3. Banking isn’t fast-paced or challenging: As a banker, you’re responsible for effectively and efficiently processing transactions while still maintaining a warm and professional disposition at all times.
4. Bankers don’t care about people: Our employees and customers are the most important assets of Columbia Bank. We go the extra mile to ensure the satisfaction of each person within the Columbia Bank community because that is what sets us apart.
5. Bank jobs aren’t secure: We’ve been doing the right thing since 1993 and we look forward to continuing our legacy as a leading community bank for years to come. By doing great work and supporting our customers in their financial goals with integrity and respect, you can look forward to boundless growth and opportunity.
6. Bank jobs don’t pay well: Columbia Bank employees receive compensation that is very competitive compared to current market wages. In addition to competitive compensation and office hours supportive of a healthy work/life balance, our employees have several options to contribute towards their compensation including 401(k) matching, stock options and access to financial services.
7. Banking isn’t as diverse as other industries: We don’t just embrace diversity, we expect it. We seek experts with diverse backgrounds because of what they contribute to Columbia Bank and are proud to be led by a female CEO frequently named as a Top Woman in Banking by the American Banking Association.
8. There’s no opportunity to learn new skills in banking: The constantly evolving landscape of banking requires the ability to stay curious and knowledgeable to create innovative solutions that complement our traditional services. We’re pleased to offer ongoing educational and leadership training to our employees that enhances their professional abilities while teaching new skills to maintain a competitive edge in the ever-changing banking environment.
9. Banks are stuffy and impersonal working environments: Banking doesn’t need to be a boring industry and we’re committed to maintaining a warm and welcoming work environment. Our employees enjoy the chance to create meaningful relationships with their colleagues and customers because they know our community is what makes the difference.
10. A bank job doesn’t align with my long term career goals: You’ll have the opportunities you seek to grow your career at Columbia Bank. Mentoring new talent is one of our top priorities and our employees are encouraged to discuss their long-term goals with leadership to create a career path as unique as they are.
Career options at Columbia Bank are as broad and diverse as the communities that comprise our customers. Look beyond our branches and discover professionals in marketing, project management, facilities, operations and information security – all contributing to our shared success. If you seek to establish or advance your career, explore the options you may not have expected to find at Columbia Bank:
Merchant Card Services
Play a game with us. Meet one of our current employees and try to match their background in the interactive section below. You may be surprised at the connections made at Columbia Bank.
SVP, Private Banking Officer
Sorry, try again! Although this isn’t Scott’s degree, it could be.
Scott holds a degree in Psychology to understand the needs of his customers, and has achieved several additional licenses and certifications since his entry to the financial services industry.
Sorry, try again! Although this isn’t Scott’s degree, it could be.
Branch roles at Columbia Bank may seem traditional, but they are anything but typical. Our bankers exceed expectations to find creative solutions for the financial needs of every customer. Columbia Bankers are empowered to create the future of banking while building the foundation for a dynamic career. Begin building relationships and a successful future using an entrepreneurial approach in one of the following roles:
Commercial Banking Officer
Assistant Branch Manager
Business Banking Officer
Joining Columbia Bank means you can create a unique career path that aligns with your personal and professional goals. Explore a breadth of disciplines and discover your passion with us. Read about others’ journeys and start mapping your path today.
Learn more about Columbia Bank:
Careers | Community | Benefits | Culture
At Columbia Bank we don’t just accept difference, we advocate it, encourage it, and celebrate it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We'll find a branch near you. You can also visit the locations page or contact us.
We value a culture of kindness and positivity. That's why we have a strict "no jerks" policy that maintains our long tradition of values and culture based around strong relationships.
Bring your ideas, passion for people, and help us create the best in customer innovation
Follow Columbia Bank